In this post I’m going to review a new spy tool named BuddyAd. It’s a brand new spy tool formed in the year 2016. BuddyAd basically is a not only a native ad spy tool but also helps in spying on adult and pop ads through widget/site id finder which I will discuss in details in the later part of the complete BuddyAd review.
BuddyAd Company Bio
BuddyAd was formed in the year 2016. It is owned by XLabora LTD, a company made by a group of entrepreneurs who has several years of experience in different sectors. Their main office is in Malta. After serious work, the team behind BuddyAd came up with a fantastic tool. The first widget based spy tool to find profitable ad placements with the help of widget/site id finder.
|Tool Type||Native Spy tool With pop/adult widget ID finder|
|Owned By||XLabora LTD|
|Traffic Sources||34 Networks|
|Devices||Desktop & Mobile (Native, Pop, Adult Widget ID Finder)|
|Landing page Download|
|Facebook Fan Page||BuddyAd Fan Page|
|LinkedIn Page||BuddyAd Company Page|
|Sign Up||Start 7 Days Trial|
Below are the features available on the BuddyAd spy tool:
- Widget based native spy tool. BuddyAd can identify the specific placements (widget IDs) where an ad is running and match it to the relative website. You can save money on a/b testing placements and having your ads run on bad placements.
- Duration of an ad and its landing pages. You can check how long an ad has been running and on what placements. This indicates if an ad is profitable or not. If it does then it will run for a longer time.
- Publishers constantly change widget IDs and content recommendation networks. BuddyAd keeps track for you of that and only shows widget IDs that are currently active.
- Directly search websites to run your ads onto from their database filtering by the content recommendation network they use, vertical, seo & traffic stats (monthly visitors, alexa rank, domain authority, bounce rate, backlinks, social shares, traffic by geo) and more.
- Filter ads by type, vertical, age, geo, device on 15 native traffic sources.
- You can find out if a campaign is profitable in other countries. You can get all the information on the banner page.
- BuddyAd has a “Real Time Scan” feature allows you to scan any publishers in the database in real-time to see which ads are running on it.
- You can add and scan websites on BuddyAd. Type in a website and they will return any widget IDs and ads running on it.
- Search widget IDs directly from BuddyAd database and match them with their relative websites.
- BuddyAd has also a widget finder for Pop ad networks and Adult ad networks with website lists and widget IDs, all included, at no additional charge for you.
- Spy on 34 ad networks, 14 countries and 31 affiliate networks.
- Cut off bad placements but discovering them on Buddyad and whitelisting good placements on your campaigns.
BuddyAd’s interface is really very simple & user-friendly. Every option is pretty straightforward and easy to understand. Below is a screenshot of how the BuddyAd interface looks like.
On the left side top bar, you will get the menu of selecting from traffic sources like Native/Pop/Adult. Depending on your needs you can search through ads from native/pop/adult.
Besides that, you will find the option ‘Real-time scan’ to scan for a site and its ads placement in real-time. You can either do a real-time scan by the publisher site or widget ID.
If you want to add a publisher in BuddyAd database which isn’t present yet, then you can do so by going to the menu ‘Add publisher’. Rest of the menus on the top bar are Favorites (The ads which you have shortlisted), support, FAQ and learn.
On the right side, you will find all the filtering options. Below is an image which shows all the filtering option available on BuddyAd.
With filtering, you can see ads which are profitable and running for a longer time. The best way to find such ads is by setting the duration of ad between 7-14 days and setting on the option affiliate as shown in the image above. Anything running longer than that is the most the profitable ones except the ads used for branding, else the advertisers won’t bother spending money on ads which aren’t profitable. Once you have found an ad which is running for a long time and has affiliate links, you can simply drill down its statistics and explore more about the ad.
For Example: I have found an ad which is promoting TrackR device. And the ad has been running for a long time. So I started drilling down more about the ads. First I selected the option ‘By advertising landing’ and searched using the keyword ‘trackr’. It showed all ads in BuddyAd database matching my query. It also shows the devices on which the ad has been running, countries and the ad network. Refer to the image below.
When you will open ad you will open an ad, you can see all the details like hits, days, no of publishers, device, country, network, placement (site with widget ID), landing page etc. The image below shows all the stats along with widget ID which comes very handy while creating a campaign with whitelisted placements (widget ID). For landing pages, go to the option ‘landing’ and you can view the landing page used, tracker used and can even download them or drill more to see all the ads using the same landing page.
If you are running campaigns on native ad networks then you would know that publishers keep on changing website ID which makes it hard to keep track of profitable placements. BuddyAd keeps track of those things and only shows you the widget ID which is currently active. BuddyAd also gives you the ability to search publisher’s site and get site details for every network (Native/Pop/Adult). If you don’t find any particular publishers site, then you can always add it and do a real-time scan. It’s so simple and doable with just few clicks. Below are some images, which shows how to find a particular publisher site from different network using widget/site ID.
The below image will show you what kind of publisher site details you can analyze from BuddyAd user panel. You don’t have to use any other tool to research about any particular publisher website. Every detail is provided to you by BuddyAd. The kind of details you will get are content recommendation network they use, vertical, seo & traffic stats (monthly visitors, alexa rank, domain authority, bounce rate, backlinks, social shares, traffic by geo) and more.
BuddyAd Pros & Cons:
Here are some pros and cons of BuddyAd.
There are so many good things about BuddyAd. I am just highlighting the most prominent ones.
BuddyAd Pricing & Packages
BuddyAd has only 1 package and it’s priced at €97.00 which is equivalent to something around $115. It’s comparatively cheap if you compare it with other native spy tools. Plus you will get pop/adult widget ID finder at no additional cost. That’s the reason I considered quite cheap as you are getting way more features with BuddyAd.
I have tested lots of spy tool and I personally use quite a few of them. All I can tell you is that they might be pretty new but it’s a rock solid spy tool with so many awesome features. Every affiliate marketer uses spy tool and if you are not using any, then I would say that you are technologically lagging behind & spending too much time to do everything manually. The features BuddyAd are offering for that price is an absolute bargain. You can’t ask for more. You not only get your hands on native ads but also on pop/adult ads.
If you are interested in trying them out, then there is a good news. They have a 7 days trial. Try them out. If you like their service, you can continue using them else you can cancel your subscription anytime you want. So it’s always a win-win situation for you.